Would you like to join The Rambling Epicure team?
Join The Rambling Epicure Voices
The Rambling Epicure is a daily international food chronicle, and the first online newspaper to follow global food trends and news.
Based in Switzerland, The Rambling Epicure joins the voices of some of the best food and wine writers and artists from around the world interested in promoting a mindful, responsible approach to real food shopping, cooking, and eating, as well as food politics, safety, history, art, literature and philosophy.
Our ambition is to feature contributions in numerous languages, with all articles being translated into the common language, English, conveying the differing points of view of chefs, home cooks, and diners of different cultures.
Our ambitious goal is to cover food and wine from every corner of the globe. We are still looking for writers and artists/photographers.
If you’re interesting in applying, you should have:
- Strong food and/or wine/spirits writing skills, proven in either blog or traditional media
- Mindful, responsible approach, true passion, knowledge and dedication to real food and/or wine & spirits
- Time and commitment to make regular contributions
- Photo savvy, preferably with strong digital photo handling skills and the necessary camera equipment
- A bit of tech savvy, preferably (but not necessarily) experience using WordPress
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Tell us a little about your background and interests
- What is your area of passion/expertise, and what you would like to write about?
- Give us links to some of your best writing and/or photos
- Do you have a blog? We’d love to see it.
- What languages you speak, and what language would you like to write in (keeping in mind that we translate everything into English, the common language of this site)?
Areas where we have open spots:
- Amaze us with an incredibly original idea
- Food news and trends in your country: What’s happening in terms of food and restaurant trends, food safety, food revolutions, nutrition, real/Slow Food, food literature, food art (see our categories/tabs)
- Nutrition and health: Explanations for lay readers
- Organic and/or sustainable farming/agriculture and food safety and science: All aspects
- Food history and anthropology: All countries or cultures interest us
- Spain: Food scene, all aspects of new and cutting edge Spanish food/restaurants/techniques
- Mexico/Brazil/Latin America: All aspects of Latin American food scene, both traditional and contemporary
- India: All aspects of Indian food scene, both traditional and contemporary
- Middle East: All aspects of Middle Eastern food scene, both traditional and contemporary
- Japan/Far East: All aspects of Japanese and Far Eastern food scene, both traditional and contemporary
- New Zealand & Australia: All aspects of New Zealand and Australian food scene, both traditional and contemporary
- Wine: News, reviews, wine pairing
- Beer: News, reviews, beer pairing
- Spirits: News, reviews, history
- Water: News, reviews, history
- Food podcasters, photographers and videomakers: In English or with English subtitles: Food-related topics, culinary travelogues, cooking techniques, wine country/vineyard visits, etc.
Wouldn’t it be great if we could work together