Noncooks think it’s silly to invest two hours’ work in two minutes’ enjoyment; but if cooking is evanescent, so is the ballet.–Julia Child
Julia Child, (1912 – 2004), American cookbook writer, TV personality and tremendous contributor to the food world, introduced Americans to the techniques of French cooking with her classic book, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volumes I and II.
Julia Child brought French food to post-war America. When her husband Paul was posted to Paris, she studied at L’Ecole du Cordon Bleu, and went on to form her own cooking school with fellow students Simone Beck and Louisette Bertholle. The threesome went on to write the 2-volume classic Mastering the Art of French Cooking, which covered all the basic techniques and dishes of classic French cuisine.
- French Food Quote: Daily Food Quote, August 10, 2011
- French Food Quote: Daily Food Quote, August 15, 2011
- Simon Says: Daily Food Quote, August 16, 2011
- Happy 99th Birthday, Julia Child!
- Simon Says: Daily Food Quote, August 8, 2011
- French Food Quote: Daily Food Quote, August 5, 2011
- Happy 99th birthday, Julia Child!
- Remembering Julia
- It’s Julia Child’s Birthday Today