Spontaneous Cuisine Recipe: Easy Corn Flan or Pudding
a recipe by Jonell Galloway
The Indians taught the original American settlers how to make corn pudding or flan. This dish has remained a classic in the American South, where corn is still, to a large degree, one of the main grains in the traditional Southern diet.
Easy Corn Flan or Pudding Recipe
Click here for our metric-Imperial recipe converter.
500 g / 1 lb. fresh corn, cut off the cob or crunchy canned corn
1 T. of fresh chives
2 dl / 1 cup crème fraîche
Optional: 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
Small baking dish
Another baking dish that is a little larger to make a bain-marie
- Preheat oven to 180°C / Mark 7 / 350° F.
- Put 8/10 of corn in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add cream and corn from food processor. Beat gently until smooth.
- Fold in remaining corn kernels and chives. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into smaller baking dish. Put smaller baking dish into larger one. Pour hot water in bottom dish, about half-way up.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until flan sets.