Spontaneous Cuisine: Swiss Easy Fennel and Raclette Potato Salad Recipe
1 large fennel
3 medium-size raclette or new potatoes
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Cut stalk end of fennel out, then slice thinly in the lengthwise direction.
- Scrub potatoes, but do not skin. Slice thinly.
- Spread fennel and potatoes onto a heavy roasting tin, in a single layer. Brush both sides with olive oil.
- Grill under broiler until nice and brown. Remove tin from oven, and use a metal spatula to turn them, taking care to still have a single layer.
- Put back under broiler. When cooked but not yet brown, add spices. Stir well and put back under broiler. When golden brown, remove from oven.
- Put mixture into a mixing bowl. Pour juice of one blood orange over mixture. Mix gently but thoroughly, so that the vegetables absorb the juice.
- Set aside for 5 minutes so that all the flavors blend together.
- Serve warm, either as a salad or side dish. It is a perfect accompaniment to grilled cod or salmon, and why not chicken?
This recipe was originally published on GenevaLunch.