by Jonell Galloway
O Délices discovered this recipe on blog de Guillemette.
This is a traditional recipe from the Savoy, so it’s not so far from us in Switzerland.
The original name comes from the French mâte faim. Peasants prepared these potato pancakes in the morning before going to work in the fields. It was meant to keep them going until lunchtime.
This version uses apples instead of potatoes, and is perfect for the apple season, which has just started here in Switzerland.
- Potatoes: endless varieties in Switzerland
- Switzerland: Spontaneous Cuisine: Pan-fried Sérac cheese & potato salad
- Switzerland: Spontaneous Cuisine: Fresh-fruit marmalade and meringue
- Jonell Galloway: Mindful Eating Coaching
- Switzerland: Tomatoes and Swiss Chard, and it’s in Season!
- Switzerland: Cucumber and Tarragon Salad