Watch this video! An organic produce store opens in a poor neighborhood riddled with liquor stores, and it is selling produce from urban gardens and local farms. I certainly support the cause!
In West Oakland, California, where liquor stores have replaced markets, People’s Grocery is creating a healthy alternative, offering access to organic produce. Through urban gardens and local farms, People’s Grocery supports a culture based on connection to the land, sustainable agricultural practices, and regenerating community.
- Is Urban Agriculture a Solution to the growing ‘Food Deserts’?
- Black farmers struggle to remain relevant
- ,000 From a Backyard Farm? The Enticing Promise of SPIN Farming
- An organic produce store opens in a poor neighborhood riddled with liquor stores
- What makes fresh fruit and vegetables go bad, and how to separate them so they’ll keep longer
- Wendell Berry on Small-scale Farming in Good Times and Bad