by Rosario Indelicato
Recipe: Trofie alle Castagne: Chestnut Pasta with Pesto, Potatoes and Green BeansServes 4 people
2 jars of Genoese pesto for 500 g of chestnut Trofie pasta
3 potatoes, peeled and cut into thin Julienne strips
75 g of French-style green beans, ends cut off and cut in half
Fresh Parmesan cheese to taste
- Boil 3 liters of water, adding salt.
- Add potato strips and Trofie pasta. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add green beans.
- In a separate pan (I use a wok), heat pesto sauce on very low heat. Cook pasta/vegetable mixture until all is al dente. Drain.
- Add mixture to warm pesto sauce. Continue to heat on very low heat, turning gently, for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Season to taste with freshly grated Parmesan and freshly ground pepper.
Wine suggestion: Canus Pinot Grigio or Fontodi Vigna del Sorbo, depending on whether you prefer red or white