- Amanda Hesser, former The New York Times food editor and writer, and co-founder of CHOW food community @AmandaHesser
- John Birdsall, Senior Editor of @Corie Brown, @John_Birdsall, who wrote the initial direct rebuttal to Amanda’s article, “What Amanda Hesser Got Wrong.”
- Bill Daley, former food editor and writer at the Los Angeles Times, deeply involved in the food publishing world @ZesterDailyDianne Jacob, food feature writer at Chicago Tribune @BillDaley
- Dianne Jacob, food writing coach @diannej
- Tweet Chat, cookbook writer @mbhide
- Gloria Nicol, food writer for The Guardian @thelaundry
- Wilson Dizard III, veteran journalist, former Newsweek and McGraw Hill, specialized in high tech and global intelligence, author of “Quelling Quitchen Qualamities” column on The Rambling Epicure @wdizard
We’re trying desperately to collate the Twitter feed here, but there are far too many it seems. It’s easy to follow the tweets by typing in the hashtag #futurefoodwriting in Twitter or Google, or on Tweet Chat or Tweet Reports, but start reading from the end, since it lists everything in chronological order and will therefore give you a clearer idea of the initial subject that sparked the chat and the ensuing discussion. If we manage to collate them, we will publish them here and on our site The Rambling Epicure. If you want to delve deeper into the subject, I suggest you read “Reference Reading for Friday’s Twitter Chat #futurefoodwriting @RamblingEpicure” and the numerous related articles on our site.
- Twitter Chat @RamblingEpicure Friday, April 20, on Amanda Hesser’s “Advice for Future Food Writers”
- Reference Reading for Friday’s Twitter Chat #futurefoodwriting @RamblingEpicure
- Bill Daley: More reference reading for #futurefoodwriting Twitter chat on Friday, May 20, @RamblingEpicure
- One Reader’s Response: Melissa Bedinger on the Future of Food Writing
- Wilson Dizard III: More reading for Friday, April 20, Twitter chat @Ramblingepicure #futurefoodwriting
- John Birdsall of CHOW to be panelist on The Future of Food Writing Twitter chat
- Prepping for #futurefoodwriting live chat April 20 at 2 p.m. EST / 8 p.m. Paris time
April 21, 2012
Well done, Jonell – a mammoth effort!
April 21, 2012
It was really interesting– thanks for organizing it.
April 23, 2012
Thanks Jonell for organizing the talk. Although I couldn’t make it, I enjoyed reading the tweets. Many interesting comments and thoughts.