Spontaneous Cuisine, by Jonell Galloway
Traditional dish in Lake Geneva region: filet of perch with parsley, chives and butter: a recipe with a twist
Ingredients1 kg / 2.2 lbs of filet of perch 1.2 dl / 1/2 cup of white wine 125 g / 1 stick butter 1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped 1 1/2 teaspoons of strong mustard 2 egg yolks Parsley, 1 large bunch Chives, 1 large bunch Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 425°F.
- Butter a baking dish that can also be used on stovetop. Add wine and garlic.
- Arrange filets in a baking dish. Salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until fish is cooked but still firm. Carefully remove fish and set it aside.
- Use cooking juices in baking dish to make sauce. Add butter, mustard and egg yolk.
- Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly with a wire whip. Add parsley. Warning: If you turn the heat too high and quite stirring, you will end up with scrambled eggs instead of sauce!
- Arrange perch on serving plates, preferably warm. Pour sauce over fish and serve immediately.
This recipe was originally published on GenevaLunch.