Health Challenge: Healthy Snacking when Couch Potatoing in front of the TV
by Tamar Chamlian
As the winter kicks in and we are gradually easing in to cold weather, we naturally seek activities that are warmer and right in the comfort of our own homes.
In our house, we do a TV night once in a while, keeping warm, and maybe inviting a few friends over. While snacking on popcorn and chips seems to be a common and popular ritual as well as the easy solution, I suggest you try the three healthier alternatives I have listed below so you can ditch that caramel popcorn or those nachos and cheese.
- Mozzarella and cherry tomato skewers. Place one mozzarella ball followed by a cherry tomato on a skewer, drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil and dried (or fresh) basil leaves.
- Fruit skewers. Pick any combination of two or three fruits, place them on skewers and drizzle the fruit and juice of a passion fruit for some extra kick and flavor.
- Make “healthy” homemade chips. Slice apples, pears, peaches, and sweet potatoes very thinly. Drizzle a very small amount of olive oil and dried mint. Grill them in a pan, and serve in a bowl as a healthy alternative to fried potato chips.
Enjoy the movie!
- Health Challenge: Getting your vitamin D fix this winter
- Health Challenge: 5 easy ways to make your lasagne healthier
- Health Challenge: 101 ways to use quinoa, well actually 5 easy ways
- How to Break Your Bad Snacking Habits
- Health Challenge: Healthy Snacking when Couch Potatoing in front of the TV